Each activity in school life plays a key role in development of students. Co-curricular activities are an important part of school life and assists in improving learning procedure of students at school. Co-Curricular activities are obligatory activities which are essential for every student to take part. Co-curricular are balanced and designed with academic curriculum so that each student gets to learn beyond subjects.
Co-curricular activities are supposed to bring intellectual skills, social skills, personality progress, moral values, and character appeal in students. It comprises cultural events, athletics, science lab activities, Library activities, creative arts, classroom activities, and meditation etc. This is why you will find that the Best CBSE School in Greater Faridabad offers co-curricular activities along with academics in their curriculum.
Listed below are the role and importance of co-curricular activities in school:
- Cultural Values: Students learn by experiencing cultural events including traditional events and national events from various faiths such as Republic Day, Independence Day, Gandhi Jayanti, as well as Eid, Diwali, Onam, Baisaki, Raksha Bandhan, and several other cultural events. Students learn about these occasions via books as well as co-curricular activities based on varied cultures organized by Schools.
- Proper Education: As, co-curricular activities are combined with academics thus, it guarantees that students get to learn efficiently. Computer or science laboratory practical projects, and experiments are part of co-curricular activities.
- Personality Development: Students perform co-curricular activities in schools, which assist them hone their expression skills, communication skills, participation, public speaking, and sense of belongingness via various activities like recitation, debates. Creative art competitions, art and craft, classroom activities such as group discussions, reading, etc.
Why co-curricular activities are considered important with academics in CBSE affiliated school in Faridabad?
- Co-curricular activities at school are done in groups so that students can take part along with their classmates. This assists students develop team integrity, leadership skills, and coordination skills.
- These activities are good for enhancing students learning experience at school which enhances their turnout at school and improves participation rate by students in co-curricular activities. Certainly, students get an excellent excuse for a break from academics.
- Co-curricular activities necessitate students to stay active at school by taking part as; students have no option to omit these activities as it is a part of their curriculum. These activities are beneficial for students’ physical fitness and mental health and they are relieved from academic stress.
The best feature of co-curricular activities at school is that they are part of academics, and makes learning and teaching experience interesting for teachers and students.